Laboratories are high-safety environments, and furnishing them must make safety a primary consideration. However, whether it’s a lab bench that you are looking for, any other type of furniture pieces, such as sinks or shelves, the ingredients they are made from must have an impact on your choice. Sometimes that aspect can make a material difference to your purchasing decision!
Considerations for Lab Sinks
Epoxy sinks are a type of sink manufactured from epoxy resin, a durable and non-porous material that can withstand harsh chemicals, high temperatures, and frequent use. These sinks are ideal for laboratory settings because they offer many advantages over other types of sinks, such as stainless steel, ceramic, or plastic. Some of the benefits of epoxy sinks are:
- They are easy to clean and maintain, as they do not stain, rust, corrode, or crack.
- They are resistant to bacteria, fungi, and mold growth, which helps prevent contamination and infection in the lab.
- They are compatible with most types of lab equipment and fixtures, such as faucets, drains, and hoses.
- They are available in various shapes, sizes, colors, and styles, which can suit different lab needs and preferences.
- Made from renewable, recycled resources, they are environmentally friendly.
As part of a metal lab sink cabinet package, an Epoxy lab sink is a good choice for lab settings because they provide a safe, sanitary, and functional work surface. This can enhance the efficiency and quality of lab work.
Considerations for Lab Benches
If you are looking for a durable, lightweight, and affordable countertop material for your lab, you might want to consider phenolic resin countertops. Phenolic resin is a type of synthetic polymer produced by heating layers of craft paper with resin under high pressure. This process creates a non-porous, moisture-resistant, stain-resistant, and chemical-resistant surface that is ideal for various applications that need a bench that’s:
- Durable: Phenolic resin countertops can last for decades without showing signs of wear and tear. They are resistant to scratches, impacts, moisture, stains, chemicals, bacteria, fungi, and UV rays.
- Lightweight: Phenolic resin countertops are much lighter than epoxy resin or stainless-steel countertops. This makes them easier to install, move, or modify.
- Affordable: Phenolic resin countertops are cheaper than epoxy resin or stainless-steel countertops. They also have lower installation and maintenance costs.
- Aesthetic: Phenolic resin countertops come in a range of colors and finishes that can suit any style or preference. They have a smooth and sleek surface that looks modern and professional.
- Eco-friendly: Phenolic resin countertops use recycled paper and low-emission resins materials. They also have a long lifespan and then recycled at the end of their use.
Look for an adjustable-height lab bench with high-quality casters, upper and undercounter shelving options, and conveniently located power strips.
Making a Material Choice
As we can see, materials do matter, and must factor significantly in any high-quality lab furniture acquisition decision. However, when working with LEI Sales, worrying about quality is the least of your challenges! We only offer products made from the best quality materials, sourced from reputed manufacturers. Visit us online and check out our array of lab sinks, benches, casework and more.